We haven’t done a great job keeping the website updated on the articles we have been discussing – if you want a real time update, you should sign up for out listserv. However, if you are interested in what you may have missed, below are links to the papers/articles we’ve been reading.
- (2/7) Neuroscience of Picking a Presidential Candidate
- (1/24) Is There a Cabal Thwarting Progress in Alzheimer’s Research? (Editor’s note: the headline is overly dramatic, but the article presents some interesting discussion on how scientific cliques can form)
- (12/4) A critique of pure learning and what artificial neural networks can learn from animal brains
- (11/6) What self awareness is and how to cultivate it
- (10/23) Chapter 1 of Julian Jaynes’ “The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind” (i.e., that book from Westworld)
- (10/9) Human Consciousness and its Relationship to Social Neuroscience
- (9/11) Emotional Expressions Reconsidered: Challenges to Inferring Emotion From Human Facial Movements